Bi-annually, April and October, staff collects items that are not routinely collected. However, because we comply with federal and state laws that regulate environmental issues, there are specific items that we cannot accept. We WILL NOT collect the following items:
- Light Ballast
- Metal Drums
- Fuel Tanks
- Medical Waste
- Paint Cans
- Household Garbage
- Food Waste
- Tree Stumps
- Closed Containers Of Any Kind
- Air Conditioning Units
- Other items deemed hazardous
- Building Materials - including: Scrap material from the construction, reconstruction, remodeling or repair of a building, walkway, driveway, sign or other structures. This includes, but is not limited to, excavated earth, rocks, gravel, bricks, plaster, concrete, lumber or any other similar material used in construction, the containers or wrappings thereof.
Austell Public Works will continue to collect washers, dryers, hot water heaters, and scrap metal throughout the year.
You must live within the city limits of Austell.
As a reminder to all citizens, a Code of Ordinances regulates property maintenance within the City of Austell. Please note that the following items are prohibited from any premises in the City:
- Abandoned vehicles
- Vehicles without current tags
- Trash carts in plain view
- Unkempt property which includes dead or decaying matter, fruit, vegetable, animals or rodents
- Maintaining a dangerous or diseased animal or fowl
- Keeping more animals on property than can be maintained without causing odor or annoyance to neighbor
- Junk cars, trash, and refuse
The City’s Code Enforcement Officer has the authority to cite the offender for an ordinance violation, and the individual will be required to appear in Court. Fines may be levied for disregarding the ordinances.
Place a service request