Current Outdoor Watering Rules
On September 7, 2017, The Director of Georgia Environmental Protection Division reduced the Drought Response Level from Level 2 to Level 1. Outdoor irrigation is permitted 7 days a week before 10:00 AM and after 4:00 PM.
We encourage customers to conserve our water resources. Information on indoor and outdoor water conservation can be found on the Water Conservation page.
Water Waste Reporting
We hope all citizens follow the watering schedule currently in place allowing irrigation daily between 4:00 PM and 10:00 AM. The City of Austell also wants to encourage citizens to utilize water efficiently and alert us to water waste.
Examples of Water Waste
- Visible leak running without repair
- Allowing a hose to run unattended without a shutoff nozzle
- Misdirected sprinklers watering pavement and impermeable objects
- Broken or missing sprinkler heads causing excessive runoff
Water waste and violations of current watering restrictions are subject to the following penalties:
- First violation: Written warning
- Second violation: $100.00 fine and citation to appear in Court will be issued
- Third and subsequent violations: $250.00 fine; citation to appear in Court will be issued; discontinuance of water service; and a $100.00 reconnection fee
To report a water leak, violation, or complaint, please call:
Austell Public Works
Office: (770) 944-4325, Option 4
Household Water Audit
Level 2 Drought Response Map